Ho, Ho, Ho?

It's the day before Christmas and all through the house,
space heaters are placed, to warm even the mice.
The stockings are hung, though the mantel's a mess
and I'm still at the office doing nothing at all.

The nice plumber has called with his holiday tidings
At least a new boiler will cost less than siding...
The Ex has announced he's without funds for his half
And all I can manage is a half-hearted laugh.

This eve' the kids and I'll dine on lobsterish fare
And I'll be pretending that I don't have a care.
The house is all toasty and Santa will visit
We'll leave cookies, he'll eat them and all will be right

But I'd still rather be somewhere warm and sunny tonight...

This says it all for me about the holidays:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/col/tenn/2007/12/20/alone_on_christmas/

Happy Winter Solstice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down