Launch Time Count Down

My star child turns 18 at the end of the month. She is finished with high school and she starts an internship on Monday. Seniors are required to do an internship 20 hours a week until graduation on June 20. A design company called "Project Gravitas", they make custom dresses for women who want to be taken seriously in the workplace. That's the "Gravitas" part. The lead designer is an FIT alum so she had a head start. Well, actually she didn't need a head start because this is the first time they've had an intern.

She is very excited. They let her "help" the last time she was there and apparently she'll be doing the stuff she is interested in. Figuring out a creative-office wardrobe for a 17-year-old is turning out to be rather difficult. Banana Republic is "dumpy" as is J.Crew for the most part. Vince and Theory are great but their prices are not so great even on Poshmark.

Shorts, not skirts, probably not dresses. No Bermuda shorts--"I don't want to look like an old office lady." In other words, anything that Miss Hathaway would even glance at is OUT. I secretly ordered a pair of JC khaki Bermuda shorts because I know that one of these mornings after all of her newish work-wear is on the floor or under her bed, I will hear the plaintive wail of the disorganized (read:slob) teenage fashionista--"What am I going to wear???" Then I will appear--magically sort of--and produce the dreaded "long" shorts. She'll groan but she's likely to wear them. I smell victory on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast