Back In The Saddle Again

Summer is over for me. I'm back in the saddle driving Kid 1 to the train in the morning and then shuttling Kid 2 to his writing classes that start at 9:00. My back is killing me.

Since the middle of June, my taxi turban has been on the shelf. No more. Kid 2 gets picked up at 12:15 each day while Kid 1's train gets in at 5:45.

I am proud of both kids. I'm glad that my daughter has the dedication necessary to get up each morning; dress creatively; grab her unwieldly portfolio carrier and dash to her pre-college classes at FIT.One does not simply get up and throw on shorts and a tee-shirt when one is FIT bound. The outfit must be chic, fashionable and just comfortable enough to get through the journey to class. It also must preferably be an outfit comprised of clothing items that have never been worn together at all.

My son is also uncomplaining. He has a bunch of buddies at school and they gather together to grumble about the unfairness of summer school. In the meantime, he is learning the nitty-gritty details one needs to know to write well. I heard him mention "commas" to his sister yesterday. I nearly fell over because he seems to learned zero punctuation in seven years of traditional schooling.

All  this driving still sucks. I can't wait for August....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down