Holidays Are Horrid

I hate holidays. I try not to for the kids' sake but other than their birthdays, I would sit them all out. I think they're a waste of resources--and not just money. There is wrapping paper, those annoying and eternal styrofoam inserts and those stupid plastic price tag things.

My ex grew up without any holiday celebrations including his birthdays. His "off-the-boat" Irish parents worshiped frugality. They viewed those who wasted money buying gifts as fools.

The worst part is that the entire rest of the world takes holiday weeks off. That means that all the people you have calls into will not call back until you are REALLY on deadline. Grrrrrr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

Launch Time Count Down

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast