Volunteer Cliche
Yesterday on our way to the CVS, Kid 2 and I found ourselves in traffic beside an unusual car. It was a Ford Fit--tiny car--adorned with just about every gun lover's creed. "If You're Honkin', I'm Reloadin'', "Eat and Sleep AirSoft", "My Other Car is a Ford GT" and a carefully altered Starbucks sign that said "guns and coffee" instead of whatever it usually says. There was also a bumper sticker that read "I heart Piranhas" along with the requisite buxom babe that one of the Dukes of Hazard eventually married. Oh, and there was a monster truck decal too. There may have been a tiny sticker that said "Please Hate Me" but I might have misread that one. The car was driven by a grizzled guy in his mid-fifties. His left arm hung out the driver's side window, his hand dangling a cigarette. His passenger was in his early thirties. He too had his arm out the window with a cigarette in hand. There were no p...

Comments