Proper Party Etiquette

Kid 1 hosted her first party on Friday. I was confined to bed with a badly sprained ankle so I was able to keep an ear on things. Most guests brought a hostess gift. There was beer. Awful canned beer and no liquor as far as she knew. The awfulness of the beer amuses me-- Budweiser and Coors Lite. I asked "why cans" - - turns out it's cheaper.

I'd never had beer from a can until a few years ago. At the trailer park I was visiting with a beau, there was a partying legend-a Canadian retiree who regularly pounded back a case or more a day. He offered me a can of some beer--Pabst maybe--it tasted like I imagine monkey pee would.

Recently a mom whose very shy son is generally not invited to these kinds of get-togethers asked me "what do they do at these parties?" I replied "the same thing adults do, they have a few drinks and visit with friends." So that's what they did. No one got overly inebriated although once the party food was gone, they did devour a loaf of bread that was sitting out on the counter. She was as puzzled as I. We agreed that this was odd but it was the only anomaly. Also, they were amazed that our cat stands on the window sill on the deck when he wants to come in. That was it. Happy holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down