Of Raging Ex-husbands and Sleepy Teens

I wonder sometimes whether my ex-husband ever truly feels any emotion other than anger, or whether it's just when he comes to my house. This weekend they are going skiing in the Poconos and the last time we spoke about an hour ago he told me jauntily "time is the one thing I have plenty of". Now, it's an hour later and he is storming about on the first floor muttering about being late. Kid 2 is attempting to shovel the French toast I just made for him into his mouth while his father looms over him. Meanwhile, Kid 1 is still in the shower. Apparently she fell back to sleep after I woke her up on time. She is fluttering agitatedly choosing clothes and packing. I just heard the inner door slam loudly. That's either her or her lovely anger-challenged father.

All quiet now. I guess it's safe to clean up the kitchen and pick up all the strewn clothing and toiletries that may be scattered along the stairway. Lucky me. Teen girls--even my nearly perfect one--are a pain in the neck.

That's it. Decision made. I'm going to Miami this week. Damn their complaints and whining about spending time at their dear father's house. I hope it's 80 while I'm there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down