Why Little Big Planet is Good

From the NY Times, a great piece on why LBP is different and how it so artfully allows users to build their own games. See it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/arts/video-games/29planet.html Kid 2 and I have had great fun building levels together. I think LBP is a genuinely creative building platform. Stephen Frye narrates the tutorials in LBP. Has Stephen Frye ever lent his talents to anything bad or trashy?

Which brings me for just a minute to Aion--Kid 2's latest game fixation. I am not particularly happy with the thot of Kid 2 immersing himself in this MM (Massively Multiple) Online Role Playing Game or MMORPG. Even the acronym annoys me. MMORPG....sounds like the noise a hobbit makes when it's eating woodland creatures. It took days to load and now it's taking days to register and from reading the FAQs at length, it does not seem suited for a 10 year old boy. It seems like a winged version of D&D without the dungeons extrapolated to a vividly-arresting virtual world. Like "Myst" with angels, community news, dragons, winter fests etc. etc. The game comes with a seizure warning...nuff said. (I'll come back and do some links to the Aion site when I get a minute. No 'net connectivity at home right now. Couldn't quite manage to pay the bill this month.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down