Tapped Out

The cell phone is quiet. ATT got fed up yesterday and disconnected our service. Today Cablevision cut off our phone service but not the Internet or the cable television. Except that the cable television on the first floor seems to have been disconnected. The phone still sort of works--for incoming calls only. I kind of like the quiet. It's only when I'm Web-less that I feel cut off.

Today I went and shopped for the ingredients for a new vegetarian chili recipe I promised Kid 1 I'd make for dinner tonight. Went through the self-checkout and the debit card was declined. Short $23.61. I said "gee, I'll have to go get cash" and out I went. I feel a bit bad for whoever had to put the stuff back but otherwise--oh well. Time to get creative. I took a half package of cream cheese, a bunch of fresh sauteed yellow and red peppers with some garlic and made lasagna. It was fine. Kid 1 liked it and is taking it for lunch tomorrow. Kid 2 did the usual--"I like it"--then had two bites and gave up.

It strikes me that I should feel bad about the grocery episode--but I don't. Or the phone (s). I should feel stressed--but I don't. I just figure there are so many things I could feel stress about that there's no point in adding one to the list or letting new "challenges" get me down. We have heat and a fresh gallon of milk. That'll do for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down