A Day to Forget

Today I learned that it is dumb to play "plumber." I can solve just about any clog but don't be sucked in by anyone who tells you that taking off the commode is easy. 

It's not easy and within minutes the water line that I thought I'd shut off was spraying water like a garden hose turned on full volume. Just a few minutes more and water was cascading through the ceiling below and then down to the basement.

I called my ex-beau because I knew he'd know where the main valve was. No answer. I flipped out which is something I rarely allow myself to do. I stayed completely calm through breast cancer but watching that water pour down made me feel helpless. 

Then the Mountain Mensch called and guided me to the shutoff valve and I was calm again. Kid 2 was home and he very quickly got the idea to catch some of the water flooding the front hall with pots and pans. It turns out that I have a ton of cookware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down