The Perfect Prom

Prom has come and gone. Kid 1 looked marvelous and so did her beau. She was the only gal in black. I suppose it wasn't the most "proper prom dress". I can hear the voices of my elderly aunts back in New England...."Black? Black is for funerals. Why would you put a beautiful young girl in black?"

My daughter also used to give me grief about all the black clothing she wore when she was a baby and then a toddler. "Who puts a baby in black?" or "Why am I always wearing black?" And I would reply "Because you look great in black.

And now she knows that I was right all along.

P.S. This morning at breakfast Kid 1 announced that she and her beau had broken up. I asked if she was upset and she said "not really". "Did he give a reason why?" I asked. "Not really, he said something about it not working long term..." We both laughed. "Did he think you were on your way to the altar?" We laughed some more. "I know, right? How weird..", she added. I said "boys are dumb" and we laughed some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down