Tee Ball Under The Sun

I am sitting on bleachers watching Little One play tee ball. It's 92 F. I'm not sure the kids--all boys--even know what game they're playing.

As with all these activities most of the moms are in there early or mid thirties. One is describing the dismal state of her kitchen and her husband's unwillingness to spend the money either for a new kitchen or a new house.

Another can't find the necessary paperwork for replacing the fence around her house. A survey that would placate the city's building department costs $4,000. She'd like a bigger house.too.

I remember these days--gabbling about husbands, houses,vacation plans, summer camp or whatever. I was usually bored. Today is Kid 1's 16th birthday and I am waiting for her to call with the result of her learner permit test. She'll give me the official number on the permit and then I'll call Geico. Voila, she's covered. Then the next stage begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basketball Twenty Years Later

A Sunny Day in March With My Cast

Launch Time Count Down